Data Collection Update!
On 4-August-2015 the responses from towns passed the 50% mark! Survey staff are busy with follow-up phone calls, emails, and visits, in order to obtain as broad a response as possible by the end of August. Is your town represented in the survey? See the details here.
The Vermont Public Safety Broadband Commission is working to help inform participation the in the National Public Safety Broadband Network (FirstNet), as such almost every state and territory in the U.S. is conducting a survey to gain more information on the following:
- Public Safety Entity Information – this section names and describes your agency
- Devices – relates to the number and types of devices your agency currently has
- Applications – relates to what you currently use mobile data services for, or plan to use mobile data services for in the future
- Current Providers – relates to how much you are currently spending, how you procure service, and which carriers you buy from.
- Barriers – relates to the concerns and problems you currently have related to mobile data
All of these critical inputs from Vermont towns will help the VT Public Safety Broadband Commission plan for and participate in this important initiative to build a nation wide public safety broadband network, bringing 21st century tools to millions of organizations across the nation that respond to emergencies at the local and state level.
To ensure that every geographic region of Vermont is well represented a dedicated data collection team consisting of three full time resources each have a geographical area they are assigned to. The team has one dedicated resource for the Southern party of the state, one resource for the Northeast Kingdom region, and one resource in the Northwestern part of the state. Each are working to ensure that a strong statistical sampling from every region in Vermont is gathered and that diverse areas of the public safety community are well represented. Any questions? Contact Tess Gauthier by email or phone: email@example.com / 802-241-5397.